Valentines Day. It is a womans holiday. And there isn't anything wrong with that. My hubby seriously hates this holiday. He says that it was made up by the flower and candy companies getting together. I say..so what, who doesn't like candy and flowers?
So this year we came to an agreement. He would celebrate that holiday "if" we celebrated on the 15 instead. What is one day really? I agreed. I got two box of chocolates, and an ugly frog that sings "let me call you sweetheart cause I'm in love with you". It is cute. The main reason we do it the day after....everything is 50% off. I know that sounds cheap, but who doesn't like getting things 50% off. It is the thought that counts anyways.
What a great Valentines. Just being with my best friend and companion is amazing. I'm so grateful that I'll be able to be with him forever. What a blessing. :)
2 comments:
THAT IS SO TRUE!! I told Jason that we HAD to celebrate it the day after for 3 reasons:
1) We celebrated our anniversary on the 10th
2) flowers were just too darn expensive on the 14th
3) I decided I would rather have twice the amount of flowers for the same price as a "get well soon" from my surgery on the 15th. (I actually opted to get a new pair of shoes and a bouquet of flowers rather than 2 bouquets. :) )
Good choice. I love shoes to. What woman doesn't like that.
Post a Comment