We loved the movies. We wanted to see the new movie "Vantage Point". Which I loved and my hubby hated. But that's ok.
My mother in law really wanted to sit both of the girls. I decided to give it a go. I knew that Makena would be okay, she is a great sport. And while I was fussing over leaving she said, just go mom. lol. She has some personality. Telling me how it is, just like I do. I hope I not creating a little monster.
Back to the story. As I finished feeding Brinlee right before I left, she gave me the sad eyes. And looked at my mother in law and started to cry. Ear persing scream. Calmed her down. It was good. But having a new baby and being with you 24/7 is the hard enough, it is even harder to walk away from. Knowing that I'm the only one that knows her (except for mitch) cries, can feed her, know her personality, and knows every little fuss. I hugged both the girls and got in the car. I felt so much anxiety about leaving. I told Mitch to hurry and get to the movie so I could relax.
I called in the middle of the movie and my baby was crying for me. I felt sooo bad. I know it was great to get away and all. But my arms physically ached for her, and all I wanted to do in that moment was help her. I'm sure all moms feel this way. But the bond between mother and your baby is so intense. I think you only relieze it when you take a break. Loving your children is something that is so intoxicating. So much love to give such small little people.
It was worth getting away. I got to reconnect with my hunky hubby. And had alot of laugh. Though I find it hard not to talk about the kids...they are my world. All and all it was a great night out.
No comments:
Post a Comment