Friday, February 1, 2008

Sacrifice

There is an obvious sacrifice in having children, and then there are the ones that are more silent. People who have children know these. The biggest is not being able to do the smallest things by yourself anymore. This could be anything from going to the store by yourself, to not being able to go to the restroom without an audience, to being spontaneous aswell.

But I think the one that is really making me sad is the quality time with my husband. Sure we stay up late after he gets home to talk. But dating him I miss. With the birth of Brinlee I am reminded the small strain that having a child brings to the quality time in a marriage.

When you think at the small sacrifice of having these heavenly children, it really is a drop in the bucket. So why am I complaining you say? I just miss sharing all of my time with my best friend, my companion, and darn good looking husband. lol.

No comments: