Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MADE MY OWN LAUNDRY SOAP



I know that this sounds weird to some. But I have been buying the "Tide 2X concentrated stuff with Downy" in it. Do you know how much that costs? Like $28.99. Holy crap that is alot. I do about 4 loads a week or more. And that does add up. My sweet sister was telling me about how she put vinegar in her wash. And then I thought....why can't I just make my own soap? Seems I'm not the only person who thought that. The Internet is full of blog and info about it. I made my own and now I WON'T GO BACK!!!

RECIPE:

1/2 C. BORAX
1/2 C. WASHING SODA
1 BAR ZOTE SOAP

Shred the Zote soap in the food processor. Then add the other ingredients. And mix together. And wow you have done it. That easy. Use 1 TBSP for half or lightly soil clothes and 2 TBSP for heavy loads. Little goes a long way.

Your probley wondering how much all of that cost. Right? Well..
Borax-$2.89
Washing soda-$2.00
Zote-$0.69

Total=5.79

So get some guts...go save some money and do it!!! You'll be glad you did.

No comments: