Ever had one of those days where you just want to run away? That you can't hear one more cry? That you are dying to do something to satisfy you in some way? Well I had that yesterday. So I decided Makena, Brinlee, and me needed to take a walk. So as I was pushing Brinlee in the stroller and holding Makenas hand, she looked up at me and said "Mommy your my only mommy, and I only want you for my mommy. I always need you. I love you. Your my best friend ever." Needless to say I stopped walking and picked her up and gave her a bear hug (and shed a tear or two). She is the sweetest thing in the world. Just melts my heart! That charged my "battery". It makes everything worth it.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Why this is worth it!!
Ever had one of those days where you just want to run away? That you can't hear one more cry? That you are dying to do something to satisfy you in some way? Well I had that yesterday. So I decided Makena, Brinlee, and me needed to take a walk. So as I was pushing Brinlee in the stroller and holding Makenas hand, she looked up at me and said "Mommy your my only mommy, and I only want you for my mommy. I always need you. I love you. Your my best friend ever." Needless to say I stopped walking and picked her up and gave her a bear hug (and shed a tear or two). She is the sweetest thing in the world. Just melts my heart! That charged my "battery". It makes everything worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Margie, I can totally understand your day. What a sweetie Makena is though. I think our first children were sent to us first because we need their help and love throughout motherhood. Averie has really helped me out so much too. We are so lucky!
We definetly are lucky!!
That is sooo cute! It is moments like that that make it all worth while!
I will never forget that moment. I'll be telling that story forever.
oh my gosh that's so sweet! You gotta love those tendor mommy moments
Post a Comment