Sunday, May 4, 2008

THE ER

Well this happened on Friday night. I had gotten the kids down to bed, it was about 8. I was just finishing the blog on the tornado issue when I had to use the bathroom. Lets just say that I'm potty training Makena and I go more than she does. But I haven't been feeling sick. All of the sudden I was in excruciating pain. I was on the Lu and I couldn't move. I finally made it to the bed were I collapsed. It was my kidneys, lower back, and really low cramping. I couldn't move and nothing made it better. I called my mother in law...no answer. Called Kristen (my sister in law in med school) she paged Steve for me. I couldn't wait any longer I called Mitch...no answer. I called 4 time...no answer. So I called his work. He picked up and I screamed in pain "I'm in pain (I was crying), I can't move, I need help, help me". He said that he would be home in five min. And he was. Finally got a hold of my mother in law and she came over to watch the girls. Mitch picked me up and put me in the car. The whole time I was thinking "I hope Brinlee doesn't wake up and want to be fed", kind of a trivial thing to think of being in all that pain. Mitch was going like 50 to 60 on the road. He was honking and blowing through the red lights. While I was crying and screaming. I have NEVER EVER been in so much pain in my life. That includes child birth people. Because at least in child birth the contractions stop and go. This was constant! Got there and had to wait. Finally got in a room and waited some more. By this time my body is having a hard time staying awake and I'm about to pass out. I'm in and out of it. Mitch is asking my questions so I stay alert. Finally the doctor comes in and asks what is up. I can barely talk through the pain. They give me some pain meds, my only request is that the meds don't dry my milk up. That would be very depressing and hard. They take blood, urine, do a ultra sound. They thought that it might be ovarian cyst, or kidney stone. The ultra sound comes back normal, and the doctor said that it was a severe UTI (urinary tract infection) that was heading its way up my ureter(the tubes from the kidneys to the bladder). The infection was causing the ureters to contract, which the DR. said that is one of the most painful things a person can experience. After all that we checked out at 2 a.m.
Got home and passed out. I have to say that I would never wish that on anyone. I squeezed Mitch's hand till it was purple. I left my hand imprint on his hands. I'm just grateful that I have an AMAZING husband who will be by my side through anything. I love you Mitch. And thanks to all of my family for helping out as well. We love you all.

6 comments:

Crystal Fuller said...

I'm sorry babe! I wish I could have been there for you. Hope you are doing alright. Love ya;)

Margie said...

Thanks. I'm starting to feel a little better. I think it will take a while to get back on track.

The Olsons said...

I feel your pain I had that same thing happen last september. That was the first time I had ever left Skylar (she was 10 months, i know kinda lame) Did they give you an IV or a shot? I had to have the shot beacause i have the worst vaind ever. I hope you feel better soon and that you hospital was not sketchy as ours.

Taylors6 said...

Holy crap girl. Could you have any more scary moments? I'm glad everything checked out ok.

Margie said...

I hope there is no more scary moments coming soon. I'm trying to recover, but with two kids and nursing...it has been hard. The hospital was great, we had an amazing doctor. I had an IV. Thanks for your consern everyone. Its nice to know that people care. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just found your blog today, you have cute kids!! Your stories have been exiting and crazy lately, hope everything calms down a bit for you :)