About 4 weeks ago our dog Shelby ate chicken bones...I know...not just one..but 10. Yah I freaked out to. So we watched her close and did everything that we were told. And she passed them fine. But on the 21 I had noticed that she was a bit bloated. And wasn't really acting like herself. So I figured to get her a once over. Called the vet and we raced in. Right when I got in them rushed her back for x-rays. It was a little intense. Then the vet came in and asked me to look at them. And wow that was one messed up x-ray. She had a huge mass that they didn't know what it was, bloated intestines, and her Colin looked bad. I started to cry. Thank heaven the kids were coloring and didn't notice. So I called mitch. We opted to do the surgery. We weren't going to let my sweet girls go home that day not knowing if Shelby would ever be coming home again. Five house later they did the surgery and found that everything looked fine. The chicken bones had done no damage. But they found the reason for all the swelling. HER LIVER. It is enlarged. She has some kind of liver disease. We are had a biopsy done. And will hear back this coming week. We are hoping for the best. We have had her for 6 great years and hope to have that many more. Keep everyone posted.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Our poor puppy
About 4 weeks ago our dog Shelby ate chicken bones...I know...not just one..but 10. Yah I freaked out to. So we watched her close and did everything that we were told. And she passed them fine. But on the 21 I had noticed that she was a bit bloated. And wasn't really acting like herself. So I figured to get her a once over. Called the vet and we raced in. Right when I got in them rushed her back for x-rays. It was a little intense. Then the vet came in and asked me to look at them. And wow that was one messed up x-ray. She had a huge mass that they didn't know what it was, bloated intestines, and her Colin looked bad. I started to cry. Thank heaven the kids were coloring and didn't notice. So I called mitch. We opted to do the surgery. We weren't going to let my sweet girls go home that day not knowing if Shelby would ever be coming home again. Five house later they did the surgery and found that everything looked fine. The chicken bones had done no damage. But they found the reason for all the swelling. HER LIVER. It is enlarged. She has some kind of liver disease. We are had a biopsy done. And will hear back this coming week. We are hoping for the best. We have had her for 6 great years and hope to have that many more. Keep everyone posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment